Avoid streaks with one of the best car drying towels on the market.
Through: Aidan Stomper
12/01/2022 1:28 p.m
The Rag Company All Purpose Microfiber Terry Cloth
A very absorbent towel that is better than the rest.
Best without streaks
Carcovers.com Platinum Quick Dry Handtuch
A large towel that won't leave streaks, scratches or lint.
SoLiD multipurpose plush microfiber cleaning cloth
A large towel that leaves no signs of wear.
Meguiar's X2000 water magnet
An affordable and highly absorbent vehicle towel.
Chemical Guys MIC1995 Graues Mammut
A solid towel with great absorbency.
Our product testing team has scoured hundreds of car drying towels to find the best of the best. Here we provide information for car enthusiasts who want itprofessionaltowels for hercar CareandAuto detailingneeds.
The bestcleaning wipesareversatileandultra absorbent,which means they can suck up amuch wateror moisture. Whether you aprofessional car maintenance Enthusiastor you just want a good onecar cleaning, we have found the beststreak freeandscratch freeTowels that won't damage yoursCar surface.
The 6 best car drying towels
- Overall best:Die Rag-CompanyAll purpose microfiber terry cloth
- Best without streaks:Carcovers.com Platinum Quick Dry Handtuch
- best size:SoLiD multipurpose plushMicrofiber cleaning cloth
- best value:guide me'sX2000 water magnet
- best feeling:chemistry guysMIC1995 Gray mammoth
- Also consider:Carcovers.com Microfiber car towels
1st place overall: All-Purpose Microfiber Terry Cloth by The Rag Company
With over 200,000 fibers perQuadratzoll,Die Rag-CompanyAll purpose microfiber terry clothis our product testing team's choice for the best overall car drying towel on the market. This towel has a high quality 80/20 blend of 80% polyester and 20%polyamide. It's also extremeabsorbent,since it weighs 300 grams eachsquare meters(GSM).
The 80/20 blend in this towel is proven to be more durable and last longerabsorbent, and according to the manufacturer softer than a 90/10 blend. In addition, the manufacturer claims that this towel will soften over time and can last for hundreds of washes. The towel isfusselfrei,streak free, andscratch free.
|overall rating||4,8 von 5|
After rigorous testing, we found thatDie Rag-CompanyAll-purpose microfiber terry was easy to handle but large enough to effectively dry a large amountsurface. It left no scratches or marks.
- absorbency: Compared to the other car drying towels we testedDie Rag-CompanyAll-purpose microfiber terry cloth had some of the best absorption abilities. Our team didn't have to fetch an extra towel to finish drying the car and we had no trouble absorbing all the water on the outside of the test car.
- untraceability: This towel left almost nothing after the testing process. We carefully examined the dry sheet metal and could not find any streaks or scratches. The only reason this towel didn't get an impeccable 5 star rating in this category was because of two single ballsFusselin the car.
- durability: After taking the towel out of the washing machine, our team found that it was extremely durable and held up well through the washing process. The color did not fade, there were no residuesFusselleft in the washing machine and no threads came out of the towel.
What customers say
With over 9,800 customer reviews onAmazonas,Die Rag-CompanyAll-purpose microfiber terry cloth has been well received by customers. A total of 94 percent of the reviewers rated itMicrofiber car drying towel4 stars or higher.
Reviews note that the towel isUltra softandsuper absorbent, and some appreciate that it doesn't lag behindswirl trackson thesurfacethey clean. Many reviewers mention that these car drying towels come out of the washing machine and still look brand new.
ThatCarcovers.com Platinum Quick Dry Handtuchis a large (36" x 25") car drying towel that is exceptionally gentle on your paintwork. It's made from soft 880gsm (grams per square inch) fabric and features a silk hem to ensure even the most delicate paint finishes are protected.
While this car drying towel is a bit more expensive than some other options (about $20 per towel), the quality fabric and stitching ensure this towel will last through many uses. Capable of completely drying a vehicle, this large absorbent towel is easily the equivalent of several smaller towels.
|In total||4,8 von 5,0|
The Platinum Quick Dry excelled in all aspects of our testing process. It's soft, delicate, absorbent and proven to be very durable.
- absorbency:The large size of this towel combined with the mixed polyester and polyamide material make this towel excellent for drying the surface of a car. With this towel, only a single pass was required to completely dry the hood of our test vehicle.
- untraceability:The Platinum Quick Dry excels the most when it comes to untraceability. It is virtually lint-free and design features such as the silk hem make it gentle on paintwork. However, a small minority of reviewers claim that this towel leaves lint even after multiple washes (although this hasn't been our experience).
- durability:After one wash the towel came out like new. No lint was left in the washing machine or dryer and the fabric held up exceptionally well. We're not sure how well the hem would hold up after years of use as it's made from silk, a more delicate material.
What customers say
Amazon reviews give the Platinum Quick Dry Towel an average rating of 4.6 out of 5.0, based on over 750 reviews. Most users find that the towels are worth the high cost as they are gentle and effective.
While the vast majority of reviewers say Platinum Quick Dry towels are streak-free and quick-drying, a small number of reviewers mention problems with lint build-up. This complaint seems to be rare, so it may be a quality control issue. It could also be a result of using the Platinum Dry wipes with certain car cleaning products. In our testing, the Platinum Quick Dry towels proved to be lint-free.
#3 Best Size: SoLiD Multipurpose Plush Microfiber Cleaning Towel
ThatSoLiD multipurpose plushMicrofiber cleaning clothfeatures an 80/20 microfiber blend and is approximately 300GSM. This car drying towel has 360,000 microfiber strands perQuadratzolland is double sided.
The towel has one side with a higher pile for soaking up and wiping away messes, while the other side has a slightly shorter pile for buffing and buffingpolishing. One thing to note is that the manufacturer claims this towel can hold up to 10 times its weight in water.
|overall rating||4,5 von 5|
While size isn't part of our testing criteria, it would be wrong to ignore the perfect size of this car drying towel. While our team used towels of all different sizes, some too small and some too big, this towel stood out as it was easy to wipe but not too big to cause pain.
- absorbency: Before testing, this was the towel our team felt would perform bestabsorbentbecause of the material and the size. It fell a bit short of our expectations when testing began, but this towel is undoubtedly very goodabsorbentand easily absorbed water and moisture.
- untraceability: After thoroughly drying our test vehicle, we examined the carsliveryfor signs that a towel was used when drying. There was no sign of itFussel, scratches on the paintwork, etcswirl tracks.
- durability: This towel came out of the washing machine relatively unchanged. The bright yellow color did not fade and there were no loose strands of fiber hanging from the towel. It left traces ofFussel.
What customers say
The SoLiD multipurpose plushMicrofiber cleaning clothhas over 5,000 customer reviewsAmazonas. Out of the thousands of reviewers, 94 percent rate ithigh quality microfiber cloth4 or more stars.
Reviews suggest that the towel can not only dry a car, but also be used as suchmittenkind forpolishingWax,Sealing agent, and even applyceramic coatings. A large number of reviewers highlight this car drying towelabsorbentCharacteristics.
#4 Best value for money: Meguiar's X2000 water magnet
For over 115 yearsguide me's providedhigh quality car Careproducts and theguide me'sX2000 water magnetis no exception. Our team has awarded this product the best value towel in the industry because of the quality towel you get at such a low price. This towel isMachine washableand can be used again and again.
What sets the car drying towel apart from the competition is itswaffle tissueTexture. Although the towel is light and not very thick, it iswaffle tissueDesign means there is actually more fabric than a typical towel, allowing for better absorption. In fact, the manufacturer claims in the product description that the product can absorb twice as much water as a conventional terry towel.
|overall rating||4,2 von 5|
For an unbelievably low price you get one of thebest car drying towelson the market.
- absorbency: While this towel is noticeably thinner than the other towels we tested, it offered some of the bestabsorbencyCharacteristics.
- untraceability: Our team found that thewaffle tissueTexture meant there was no chance of scratches or scuffsFusselBehind. The only thing stopping this towel from getting a perfect score is the fact that it left a fewswirl tracks.
- durability: This towel has withstood the cycles of a washing machine relatively well. The color of the towel remained unchanged, but left marksFussel. Also, the edges of the towel were slightly frayed and some strands of fiber were beginning to unravel.
What customers say
Around 30,000 customers have left a reviewguide me'sX2000 water magnetanAmazonas. The vast majority of reviewers are satisfied with this car drying towel, with 90 percent rating the product 4 stars or higher.
Reviews note that this towel is great for chasingblowerwhen trying to dry your car. A self proclaimed oneDetailing of products Enthusiastraves about the waffle design of the towel.
Some reviewers caution others against washing the towel with itSoftener,since it can strip them offabsorbentProperties of the towel.
#5 Best Feeling: Chemical Guys MIC1995 Gray Woolly Mammoth
Featuring a 70/30 microfiber blendchemistry guysMIC1995 Gray mammothis a great option to consider. This towel name is not a misnomer as it is 36.0 inches by 25.0 inches and exceptionally shaggy. This solid car drying towel also features silk ribbons around the edges to prevent scratches.
This towel may have silk ties around the edges, but it's the 1.0 inch pile that makes drying your car a breeze. The manufacturer claims in the product description that this car drying towel can hold over a gallon of water and dry an entire car in just one pass.
|overall rating||4,2 von 5|
Thatchemistry guysMIC1995 Gray Woolly Mammoth is a giant car drying towel. The size is the biggest plus, but with a trade-off. It absorbs moisture easily but makes actual use of the towel a bit overwhelming.
- absorbency: The sheer size of this towel makes drying a car remarkably easy. Additionally, the shagginess meant that no car drying towel we tested could matchabsorbencyof this product.
- untraceability: This cloth left no scratches or streaks on the test vehicle's paintwork, but left a respectable amountFusseland a whole bunch of microfiber strands.
- durability: The towel held up better than our team expected when thrown in the washing machine. It looked brand new with no loose strands or loose threads. However, it left a significant amountFussel.
What customers say
With over 3,000 reviews onAmazonas, Customers are generally satisfied with thechemistry guysMIC1995 Gray Mammoth. A total of 82 percent of the reviewers give it 5 stars.
Reviews mention that this towel can hold a tremendous amount of water and that it needs to be fully saturated before you are able towringit off. A driver just appreciates not leaving behindwater stainson their carslivery. Negative reviews note the amount ofFusselit leaves a surface after drying.
Engineered for more than just drying your car, theCarcovers.com Microfiber car towelscan be used in many ways. While it performed well in our tests for drying off a car after a DIY car wash, this microfiber towel can be used for applying wax, detailing your car's interior and more.
These car drying towels are great value as you get 36 towels for a bargain price. It should be noted that this car drying towel is machine washable, which means you can use this towel over and over again.
|overall rating||3,7 von 5|
If you haven't already noticed, this towel is far from the largest towel in this test. While it offers decent absorbency for its size, you'll need to use multiple towels to dry off an entire vehicle.
- absorbency: Absorbency is arguably the most important feature of a car drying towel. Our product testing team found this towel had trouble drying out large water stains.
- untraceability: The cloth did not scratch the paintwork, but left large swirls and fluffs on our test vehicle's paintwork.
- durability: The towel began to disintegrate almost immediately after our team members started drying the car. After a wash in the washing machine, more microfiber strands began to unravel.
What customers say
Carcovers.com microfiber car towels have several rave online reviews from satisfied customers. Reviewers point out the quality of these car towels and many also note how quickly they were delivered to their door.
Buying guide for car drying towels
Car towels tend to be fairly basic, as they are simply meant to dry things off and clear up clutter. However, that doesn't mean that all car drying towels are the same. In general, before you buy, you should consider the following:
The size of the car drying towel you buy is a personal choice but should suit your intended use. If you're looking for a towel that fits into all the nooks and crannies, then you might want a smaller towel. If you want a towel that can dry your car as quickly as possible, you can choose a larger towel. However, it should be noted that the larger the towel you purchase, the more difficult it can be to handle and use.
Towel edges are often the most overlooked part of a towel, but they can do the most damage. While almost allQuadratzollThe towel itself can be made of a soft material, but the edges of these towels must not be. We encourage you to find onerandlosTowel or rolled edge towel. The soft edges of these towels ensure you don't damage your car's exterior.
If you prefer a towel with edges, we recommend silk ribbons, satin or microfiber stitching, as the soft material does not scratch.
Our assessment standards
The car drying towels in this article went through two rounds of testing. We started searchingAmazonasfor top products, considering factors such as Prime shipping eligibility, customer ratings,AmazonasSuperlatives and prices. Our product testing team ordered the car drying towels that best met these standards.
Test method for car drying towels
A team member tested each product on a car and determined how well the car drying towel absorbed water, whether it scratched, and how durable it was after machine washing. Based on these criteria, each car drying towel has been rated up to 5 stars.
- absorbency: Arguably the most important property of a car drying towel is its ability to absorb moisture. Our product testing team used each car drying towel to dry a car panel after aCar washto testabsorbentCharacteristics.
- untraceability: This test criterion combines three separate test categories: Whether a car drying towel isfusselfreiwhether it leaves streaks and whether it is scratch-resistant. Our team carefully examined each panel of the car to verify itFussel, streaks and scratches left on the outside of the car after drying.
- durability: To get the most out of a car drying towel, it should bereusable. With that in mind, a member of our product testing team took the used car drying towels home to be machine washed. After the towels were washed we checked each towel to see if it had lost anythingabsorbencyor untangled in the washing machine.
frequently asked Questions
*Data correct at time of publication.